"# *** The Great Adventure at Moscow Off Leash Dog Park ***"🐾
## Chapter One: The Morning the World Smelled Like Adventure The sun had barely begun to peek over the jagged rooftops of our neighborhood when I felt the first tremor of excitement ripple through my small white body. My velvety ears, soft as dandelion fluff, perked straight up at the sound of Lenny—Dad—rummaging through the hallway closet with the kind of purposeful energy that could only mean one thing: adventure. I scrambled to my paws, my nails clicking against the hardwood floor like tiny drumsticks keeping time with the wild rhythm of my heart. "Is it today?" I barked, spinning in a circle so tight I nearly caught my own tail. "Is it today, is it today, is it TODAY?" Dad knelt down, his warm brown eyes crinkling at the corners the way they always did when he was about to say something wonderful. "Today, little buddy," he said, scooping me up and pressing me against his broad chest. I could feel the steady drumbeat of his heart against my ribs, and I inhaled deeply—the scent of cedar, coffee, and something uniquely *Dad*, like worn leather and kindness mixed together. "We're heading to Moscow Off Leash Dog Park. You, me, Mariya, and Roman. The whole family." He grinned. "And guess what? Charles Bronson is meeting us there." "Charles Bronson!" I yipped, my tongue lolling out in a goofy grin. Charles Bronson was our family's oldest and dearest friend—a legendary action movie star with a jaw like granite and a heart softer than my belly. He had silver hair that caught the light like a lighthouse beacon, and hands that could crack walnuts but always, *always* scratched me behind my ears with the gentlest touch. He was the kind of friend who showed up when things got rough, the kind who'd stare down danger with a half-smile and say something cool like, "Kid, I've seen worse on a Tuesday." Mariya appeared in the kitchen doorway, her dark hair piled in a messy bun, eyes already sparkling with that magical curiosity she carried like a lantern. "Pete," she murmured, kneeling to kiss the top of my head, "do you know what Moscow Off Leash Dog Park has? Streams and tunnels and forests and fields. It's like someone took every dream a dog ever had and rolled it into one giant, glorious playground." She smelled like lavender soap and cinnamon, and her voice was the kind that made even the most ordinary morning feel like the opening page of a fairy tale. I licked her chin enthusiastically. "I know, Mom," I thought, pressing my nose into her palm. "I can *smell* it calling me." Roman thundered down the stairs two at a time, his sneakers slapping the steps with the casual confidence of a twelve-year-old boy who believed the world was built specifically for his entertainment. "Yo, Pete!" he shouted, scooping me mid-spin and tossing me gently into the air. I yipped with delight—Roman always made me feel like I was flying. "You ready for the big leagues, little dude? Moscow Off Leash is *not* for the faint of heart. There are dogs there twice your size. There are rivers. There are *squirrels*." He waggled his eyebrows dramatically. I growled playfully and nipped at his fingers. Roman was my best friend, my partner in crime, my brother in every way that mattered. He was taller than me by a considerable margin—though I supposed most creatures were—but what I lacked in size, I made up for in sheer, unbridled enthusiasm. The car ride was a symphony of anticipation. I sat on Mariya's lap in the back seat, my nose pressed against the cracked window, drinking in the cascading waterfall of scents that rushed past: freshly cut grass, exhaust fumes, a hamburger wrapper tumbling along the highway shoulder like a tiny metallic bird. Dad drove with one hand on the wheel and the other gesturing broadly as he told one of his famously terrible jokes. "Why did the dog go to the park?" he asked, glancing in the rearview mirror. Roman groaned. "Dad, please." "Because it was a *bark*-ing lot!" Dad erupted into laughter, and even Mariya giggled, hiding her smile behind her hand. I barked too, because in that moment, surrounded by the warmth and laughter of my family, even the worst pun felt like a love song. ## Chapter Two: First Paws on Foreign Ground Moscow Off Leash Dog Park unfolded before us like a kingdom carved from a child's imagination. The entrance was a wooden archway draped in wildflowers—purple coneflowers, black-eyed Susans, and climbing vines that twisted upward like green fingers reaching for the sky. Beyond it, the park stretched in every direction: rolling hills dotted with wildflowers, a dense copse of birch and pine trees, and far in the distance, the silvery glint of a stream threading through the landscape like a ribbon of liquid light. The air was thick with a bouquet of smells—earth, pine needles, wild mint, and the unmistakable, intoxicating scent of a hundred dogs who had come before me. My nose twitched. My heart hammered. I felt like an explorer stepping onto an unmapped continent. "Well, Pete," Dad said, unclipping my leash with a satisfying *click*, "you're free." I stood frozen for a moment, the vastness of the park pressing against me like a wave. Freedom was intoxicating, but it was also terrifying. What if I got lost? What if I couldn't find my way back? What if the park swallowed me whole and I never saw Lenny's crinkled eyes or Mariya's lavender scent or Roman's mischievous grin again? The thought sent a cold shiver through my fur. But then Roman knelt beside me and whispered, "Go on, little dude. The world is yours. I'll be right here watching." His voice was steady, a lighthouse in the fog of my fear. I took one tentative step. Then another. Then I was running—legs churning, ears flapping, tongue streaming behind me like a white flag of pure joy. That's when I collided—quite literally—with Kirusha. He burst from behind a cluster of wild rosebushes like a furry cannonball, a Jack Russell Terrier with wiry fur the color of toasted bread and eyes that burned with a fierce, almost reckless intelligence. He was smaller than me but moved with the coiled energy of a creature who had never once in his life hesitated. "Who are *you*?" he barked, planting himself directly in my path, his tiny body rigid with challenge. "I'm Pete," I said, trying to sound brave even though my tail had tucked itself firmly between my legs. "I'm a Puggle. I'm new here." Kirusha circled me, sniffing aggressively, his nose poking into my ears and behind my tail with the subtlety of a police detective. "A Puggle," he repeated, his voice dripping with skepticism. "You look like a cloud with legs. What are you even good for?" I bristled. "I'm good at storytelling," I said. "And adventures." Kirusha snorted. "Adventures. *I'm* an adventure, cloud-dog. Cross me and you'll find out." Before I could respond, a sharp, commanding voice cut through the park like a blade. "Kirusha! *Enough.*" We both turned. Striding toward us with the measured, deliberate gait of a man who had faced down far worse than an aggressive terrier was Charles Bronson. He wore a faded olive jacket, cargo pants with more pockets than I could count, and boots that had seen a thousand trails. His silver hair caught the morning sun, and his expression was calm, unbothered, almost amused. He knelt and extended a hand toward Kirusha, who—impossibly—backed down, his ears flattening. "Hey, little warrior," Charles said, his voice low and steady. "No need to pick fights. There's enough park for everyone." He looked up at me and winked. "Pete. Good to see you, kid. How's my favorite Puggle?" I bounded toward him, my fear of Kirusha evaporating like morning dew. Charles scooped me up and held me close, and I felt safe—safer than I'd felt since leaving the car. "Charles!" I yipped. "You came!" "Of course I came," he said, scratching my chin. "I wouldn't miss watching you discover the world. Besides," he added, scanning the tree line with a practiced eye, "someone's got to watch your back out here." Dad and Mariya caught up, breathless and laughing. "Charles!" Dad exclaimed, pulling him into a bear hug. "You old dog. Thanks for coming." Charles smiled—a rare, genuine smile that transformed his granite features into something almost tender. "Lenny, my friend. Anytime. Anytime." Mariya hugged him next, and Roman gave him a fist bump that Charles returned with military precision. "So," Charles said, surveying the park, "what's the plan?" Dad grinned. "We explore. We let Pete be free. We enjoy the day." Charles nodded slowly, his eyes scanning the distant tree line where the birch forest grew thick and dark. "Explore, yes. But stay close. These woods go deep. And not everything in them is friendly." A shadow crossed his face—brief, almost invisible—but I caught it. I always caught things others didn't. It was part of what made me a storyteller: I noticed the silences between the words, the shadows behind the light. ## Chapter Three: The River That Roared The stream appeared suddenly, as if the earth had simply opened and wept silver. It cut across a grassy meadow like a scar, its water moving fast and bright over smooth stones, catching the sunlight and throwing it back in a thousand fractured rainbows. The sound it made was a low, constant murmur—not loud, exactly, but *insistent*, like a voice whispering secrets I couldn't quite understand. The other dogs didn't seem bothered. A golden retriever bounded into the water with a joyful splash, sending droplets arcing through the air like scattered diamonds. A border collie waded to her hocks, lapping at the current with a pink tongue. But I stood at the bank, my paws rooted to the earth, and I felt something I had never felt before: a cold, gripping terror that tightened around my chest like a fist. Water. It was everywhere—rushing, gurgling, pulling. The stream wasn't even deep; I could see the pebbled bottom through the clear water. But something about the movement, the relentless forward push of it, the way it swallowed whatever entered and carried it away, filled me with a dread so profound it stole my breath. I imagined being swept off my paws, tumbling end over end, the water closing over my head, the world going dark and silent. My legs trembled. A whimper escaped my throat before I could stop it. "Hey, cloud-dog," Kirusha barked from the opposite bank—he had leaped across without hesitation, of course—"what's the matter? Scared of a little water?" His voice was mocking, but beneath it, I detected something else: curiosity, maybe even the faintest flicker of concern. "I'm not scared," I lied, my voice thin and unconvincing. "I'm just... thinking about it." Kirusha tilted his head. "Thinking? Dogs don't think, cloud-dog. Dogs *do*." He paused. "Or maybe that's your problem." Roman appeared beside me, his sneakers squelching in the mud at the bank's edge. He didn't say anything at first. He just stood there, close enough that I could feel the warmth radiating from his leg. Then, gently, he lowered himself to the ground and held out his hand, palm up. "Pete," he said softly, "look at me." I dragged my eyes from the terrifying water and met his gaze. His brown eyes were steady, calm, full of the kind of quiet confidence that made you believe anything was possible. "I know it's scary," he said. "You know what? I was scared of water too, when I was little. Dad had to carry me into the pool every single time. I screamed like a banshee." He glanced at the stream and smiled. "But you know what I learned? The water isn't your enemy, Pete. It's just something you haven't made friends with yet. And you don't have to make friends with it all at once. Just... one step." He wiggled his fingers. "I'll be right here. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise." Something inside me cracked—not broke, but *cracked*, like an eggshell splitting to reveal something alive and trembling beneath. I looked at Roman's outstretched hand. I looked at the water. I looked at Kirusha, who was watching from the far bank with an expression I hadn't seen before: respect, maybe. Or the beginning of it. I took a breath. Then I placed one paw in the water. It was cold—shockingly, breathtakingly cold—and the current nudged against my leg with gentle insistence. I flinched but held steady. "Good boy," Roman whispered. "That's my brave boy." I placed a second paw in. The water rose to my ankles. The world didn't end. I wasn't swept away. The stream just whispered its endless, wordless song, and I stood in it, trembling but *present*, and I felt something bloom in my chest that I recognized, dimly, as pride. "One step," I thought. "One step at a time." And for the first time that day, the fear loosened its grip, just a little, and let something brighter take its place. ## Chapter Four: Into the Dark Woods The afternoon sun hung fat and golden above the birch forest, but beneath the canopy, the light fractured and dimmed, splintering into coins of gold that dotted the forest floor like scattered treasure. The air here was different—cooler, heavier, thick with the scent of damp earth, decaying leaves, and the sharp, resinous perfume of pine needles crunching beneath our paws. The trees stood close together, their pale trunks rising like ghostly columns, their branches interlocking overhead to form a living ceiling that filtered the sky into a mosaic of green and blue. I had wandered here with Kirusha, drawn by the promise of a trail of squirrel tracks that led deeper and deeper into the woods. Behind us, the sounds of the park—the barking, the laughter, the splashing—faded, replaced by the intimate, hushed whispers of the forest: the creak of branches, the rustle of unseen creatures in the underbrush, the distant, rhythmic tapping of a woodpecker. Kirusha moved with the confidence of a general leading an advance patrol, his nose to the ground, his tail a rigid flag of determination. "Keep up, cloud-dog," he barked over his shoulder. "I didn't bring you here to dawdle." I trotted behind him, but my heart had begun to pound again—not with the joyful excitement of the morning, but with a creeping, insidious unease. The forest was getting darker. The spaces between the trees were filling with shadows that stretched and shifted like living things. Every snap of a twig made me flinch. Every rustle of leaves sent my imagination spiraling into nightmare: what if something was watching us? What if something was *following* us? I glanced behind me and saw only the dim, empty trail. But the emptiness was worse than any monster—it was a void, a silence that seemed to swallow sound and light alike. "Kirusha," I said, my voice smaller than I intended, "maybe we should go back." Kirusha stopped and turned, his eyes narrowing. "Go back? We just got *here*. The squirrel tracks lead to something, I can feel it. You're not chicken, are you, cloud-dog?" The word *chicken* hit me like a slap. I squared my shoulders. "I'm not chicken," I said. "I just... I don't like the dark." Kirusha studied me for a long moment, and something shifted in his expression—a softening, barely perceptible, like the first crack in a dam. "The dark is just the light's shy cousin," he said, almost grudgingly. "It's not trying to hurt you. It's just... waiting." I blinked. "That's... actually kind of beautiful, Kirusha." He snorted. "Don't get used to it. Now come *on*." We pressed deeper. The trail curved, doubled back, split into forks that looked identical, and somewhere along the way, I realized with a sickening lurch that I could no longer hear the sounds of the park. Not the dogs. Not the humans. Not even the distant hum of the highway. The forest had closed around us like a fist, and the silence was so complete it rang in my ears like a bell. I stopped. My paws refused to move. "Kirusha," I said, and this time my voice trembled openly, "I can't hear them anymore. I can't hear *any* of them. Not Dad. Not Mom. Not Roman. What if... what if they left? What if they don't know where we are? What if I'm *lost*?" The word landed like a stone in my stomach. Lost. Separated. Alone. These were the fears that lived in the darkest corners of my imagination, the monsters that no amount of daylight could fully banish. My breathing quickened. My vision blurred. The forest pressed in from all sides, the shadows growing longer and deeper, and I felt a terrible, yawning emptiness open beneath me—the fear of being forgotten, of being invisible, of mattering to no one. Kirusha turned and faced me fully. His eyes, usually so fierce and challenging, held something different now: recognition. He knew this fear. He had felt it too, sometime, somewhere, in a life I didn't know about. "Pete," he said, and for the first time, he used my name without mockery, "they didn't leave you. That's not how families work. I don't have one—not anymore—but I know that much. Families don't leave." He stepped closer. "You're not alone. You have me. And I might be a pain in the tail, but I don't abandon my... my pack." He said the last word hesitantly, as if tasting something unfamiliar and surprising himself by liking it. I looked at him—at this small, fierce, unexpectedly kind creature—and I felt the terror recede, not vanish but *recede*, like a tide pulling back from the shore. "Okay," I whispered. "Okay. Together." Kirusha nodded. "Together. Now let's find our way out of this creepy forest before I start agreeing with you about the dark." ## Chapter Five: Trouble Finds Us The forest, it turned out, had teeth. Not literal ones—not at first—but the kind of teeth that hide in the terrain: roots that snaked across the path like tripwires, ravines that opened suddenly in the earth, and patches of mud that sucked at our paws with greedy, relentless hunger. Kirusha and I had been walking for what felt like hours, though the light filtering through the canopy had barely shifted from gold to amber. We were lost. Truly, deeply, unmistakably lost. Every tree looked the same—pale trunk, dark branches, dappled light—and every direction offered nothing but more forest, more shadows, more silence. My fear of the dark had evolved into something more immediate and practical: the fear of never getting out. "Kirusha," I said, "I think we're going in circles. That rock shaped like a rabbit—I've seen it twice now." Kirusha growled. "No you haven't. All rocks look like rabbits if you stare at them long enough." But his tail had dropped, and his pace had slowed. He was worried too, though he'd sooner chew off his own paw than admit it. Then the ground beneath us gave way. It happened so fast that there was no time to bark, no time to react—just a sudden, sickening lurch as the earth crumbled and we were sliding, tumbling down a steep embankment into a narrow ravine choked with ferns and fallen branches. I landed hard on my side, the wind knocked from my lungs, and for a terrifying moment, the world was nothing but dust and disorientation. When the dust settled, I found myself at the bottom of a gully maybe six feet deep, its walls slick with mud and tangled with roots. Kirusha was beside me, shaking the dirt from his fur, his eyes wide with a fear he no longer bothered to hide. "Are you okay?" I asked, scrambling to my feet. "Define *okay*," he muttered, flexing his legs experimentally. "I'm not broken. But I can't climb out of this. Can you?" I looked up at the walls of the ravine—steep, slippery, impossible. My heart sank. "No," I admitted. "I can't." We were trapped. The sky was a narrow strip of amber above us, and the walls of the gully pressed in like the sides of a throat about to swallow us whole. I felt the panic rising again—hot, sharp, suffocating—and this time, there was no Roman to hold out his hand, no Mariya to whisper magic into the moment, no Dad to crack a joke that made the world seem manageable. There was only me and Kirusha, and the encroaching dark, and the terrible silence of a forest that didn't know we were here. A sound. A branch snapping somewhere above. Kirusha and I both froze, our eyes locked on the rim of the ravine. A shape appeared—large, dark, looming. My blood turned to ice. A predator? A bear? Something worse? But then the shape moved, and I caught the glint of silver hair, the outline of a faded olive jacket, and a voice—*that* voice—low and commanding and impossibly reassuring: "Well, well. Looks like you two found yourselves in a bit of a pickle." Charles Bronson stood at the edge of the ravine, looking down at us with an expression that was equal parts concern and quiet amusement. "Charles!" I barked, my voice cracking with relief. "How did you find us?" He knelt at the rim, his eyes scanning the ravine walls with tactical precision. "I've been tracking you since you left the meadow. I know what you're thinking—'the old man is paranoid.' But in my line of work, kid, paranoia is just preparation wearing a costume." He unslung a coil of rope from his shoulder—I hadn't even noticed he was carrying one—and began fashioning a loop with the deft, practiced hands of someone who had done this a hundred times in a hundred different forests, deserts, and mountains. "Here's the plan," he said. "I'm going to lower this rope. Kirusha, you're lighter—you go first. I'll pull you up. Then Pete. Then we walk out of here together, nice and easy." Kirusha stared at him. "You're carrying rope?" Charles winked. "Kid, I've been in more tight spots than you've had treats. Rule number one: always carry rope." He lowered the loop, and Kirusha, for once, obeyed without argument, stepping into the noose and allowing Charles to haul him up the ravine wall with a strength that belied his age. Then it was my turn. The rope settled around my belly, and I felt the pull—steady, strong, sure—and I rose, inch by inch, out of the darkness and into the amber light where Charles Bronson stood waiting with a hand on my head and a smile that said, *I've got you, kid. I've always got you.* ## Chapter Six: The Dark Before the Dawn Charles led us through the forest with the quiet confidence of a man who had navigated far more hostile terrain, but the light was fading fast. The amber strips of sky visible through the canopy had deepened to copper, then to violet, and now the forest was settling into the long, blue twilight that precedes true darkness. My fear, which had been held at bay by Charles's presence, began to creep back in—tentative at first, like a tide testing the shore, then with growing confidence. The shadows between the trees thickened and stretched, reaching toward us with long, dark fingers. Every sound—the hoot of an owl, the chitter of a hidden raccoon, the groan of a settling branch—sent a jolt of electricity through my body. I pressed close to Charles's leg, my fur brushing against his cargo pants, drawing what comfort I could from his steady, unhurried stride. "You're afraid of the dark," Charles said. It wasn't a question. I nodded, not trusting my voice. He stopped walking and knelt beside me, his face level with mine. In the dimming light, his features were softer than I'd ever seen them—the granite jaw relaxed, the sharp eyes gentle, the lines around his mouth deepened by years of smiles he rarely showed the world. "Pete," he said, "let me tell you something I learned a long time ago, on a film set in a desert so dark you couldn't see your own hand in front of your face. The dark isn't empty. It's full of things you can't see when the light is blinding you. Stars. Sounds. The smell of the earth breathing. Your own heartbeat, reminding you that you're alive." He placed his hand on my chest, over my racing heart. "Feel that? That's courage, Pete. It doesn't mean you're not scared. It means your heart keeps beating *even though* you're scared. That's the bravest thing there is." I stared at him, and something shifted inside me—not a dramatic, thunderous transformation, but something quieter and more profound: a settling, like a puzzle piece finding its place. "I'm scared," I said, and for the first time, the words didn't feel like a confession of weakness. They felt like a declaration of honesty. Charles smiled. "Good. Scared means you're paying attention. Now let's keep moving." Kirusha walked beside me, close enough that our shoulders occasionally touched. He hadn't made a single sarcastic remark since the ravine, and the silence between us felt different now—not empty, but full, like the quiet between two people who have shared something that words would only diminish. "Pete," he said finally, his voice low, "back in the ravine... when you asked if I was okay... nobody's ever asked me that before." I looked at him. His eyes were fixed ahead, but I could see the vulnerability in the set of his ears, the slight tremor in his tail. "I mean it," I said. "I care if you're okay. You're my friend, Kirusha." He swallowed hard. "Friend," he repeated, as if the word were a foreign delicacy he was tasting for the first time. "I've never really had one of those. I've had rivals. Opponents. Other dogs I fought with over scraps and territory. But a *friend*..." He trailed off, and I saw his eyes glisten in the fading light. I pressed my nose to his cheek—a gesture so gentle it was barely a touch—and he didn't pull away. "You have one now," I said. "You have me." Kirusha exhaled slowly, and in that exhale, I felt the wall he had built around himself—the wall of aggression, of fear disguised as fierceness—crack and let in a sliver of light. "Thank you, cloud-dog," he whispered. "Thank you." The forest grew darker, and with it, my fear pulsed and throbbed like a second heartbeat. But I kept walking. One paw in front of the other. Charles ahead, Kirusha beside me, and somewhere beyond the trees—somewhere in the world that was calling me back with the promise of Lenny's laughter and Mariya's lavender scent and Roman's steady, unwavering voice—my family was waiting. I thought of Roman's words at the stream: *One step.* I thought of Mariya's belief that magic lived in the ordinary. I thought of Dad's terrible jokes, and how even the worst of them was really just love wearing a silly disguise. And I thought of Charles's hand on my chest, and the beating of my own scared, stubborn, *brave* heart. The darkness pressed in from all sides, but I pressed back—not with force, but with presence. I was here. I was alive. I was not alone. And that, I realized, was enough to light even the deepest night. ## Chapter Seven: The Voice in the Woods A sound drifted through the trees—distant, muffled by the dense forest, but unmistakable. A voice. *Roman's* voice. "PETE! KIRUSHA! WHERE ARE YOU?" The shout echoed through the birch trunks, bouncing and multiplying until it seemed to come from every direction at once, a chorus of hope calling out from every corner of the darkened woods. My ears shot up. My heart, which had been beating a steady rhythm of controlled fear, suddenly hammered with something entirely different: wild, exploding, incandescent *joy*. "ROMAN!" I barked, and the bark became a howl, and the howl became a sound I didn't know I was capable of making—a sound that carried every ounce of love and terror and relief that had been building inside me since the moment I realized we were lost. "ROMAN! WE'RE HERE! WE'RE RIGHT HERE!" Kirusha joined me, his usually sharp bark transformed into something full and resonant, and together we howled into the darkness, two voices braided into one, a beacon of sound piercing the forest's heavy silence. Charles placed a hand on each of our backs. "Steady," he said, but his voice had changed—there was a warmth in it now, a crack in the granite, as if even the legendary Charles Bronson couldn't help being moved by the sound of a boy calling for his dog. "He's close. Maybe two hundred yards, southeast. Stay here and keep barking. Let him come to you." I didn't understand the tactical logic, but I trusted Charles with my life, so I planted my paws and barked with everything I had. Each bark was a prayer, a promise, a piece of my heart flung into the darkness like a flare. "I'm here, I'm here, I'm *here*." And then—footsteps. Fast, crashing through the underbrush with the graceless urgency of someone who didn't care about thorns or branches or tripping over roots because the only thing that mattered was the voice in the darkness and the dog at the end of it. A flashlight beam swept through the trees like a lighthouse, and then— Roman burst into the small clearing where we stood, and the world stopped. He was scratched and breathless, his jacket torn, his face streaked with dirt and tears, and he looked at me with an expression I will carry in my heart for the rest of my life: pure, unfiltered, devastating love. "PETE!" he screamed, and he dropped to his knees and I launched myself into his arms, and the collision of us was so fierce it knocked the flashlight from his hand and sent it rolling across the forest floor, casting wild, spinning shadows through the trees. He held me against his chest and I felt his heart hammering against mine—two hearts, one rhythm, one language that needed no words. "I thought I lost you," he whispered, his voice breaking. "I thought I lost you, Pete. I thought—" He couldn't finish. He just held me tighter, and I buried my face in the crook of his neck and breathed him in: sweat and dirt and the lingering scent of the soap Mariya used on his clothes, and underneath it all, the warm, unmistakable essence of *Roman*—my brother, my best friend, my home. "You didn't lose me," I thought, pressing closer. "You never lost me. I was always coming back to you. I was always, always
Use these buttons to read the story aloud:
No comments:
Post a Comment