Followers Woof Woof :)

Thursday, August 6, 2026

# *** The Great Adventure at Bob White Park *** 2026-08-07T02:36:38.981890

"# *** The Great Adventure at Bob White Park ***"🐾

## Chapter One: The Morning of Magic The sun had barely begun to peek over the rooftops when I, Pete the Puggle, felt the familiar tingle of adventure buzzing through my short, velvety white fur. My ears perked up like two tiny satellites tuning into a secret frequency, and my bright eyes—accented, as Mariya always said, with playful streaks of makeup-like dark fur—flew open before the first bird had even finished its morning song. Something extraordinary was happening today. I could feel it in my paws, in my whiskers, in the very tip of my curly little tail. The house smelled different—not just the usual scent of Roman's socks and Dad's coffee—but something sweeter, something wilder, something that whispered of open spaces and towering trees and endless sky. "Pete! Pete, come here, buddy!" Lenny's warm voice boomed from the kitchen, and my paws scrambled against the hardwood floor like tiny drumsticks in a parade. When I rounded the corner, there he was—Dad—standing in his faded blue jeans and that silly t-shirt with the cartoon dinosaur on it, his eyes crinkled at the corners the way they always did when something exciting was about to happen. Mariya was beside him, her dark hair pulled into a messy bun, packing a wicker basket with sandwiches, fruit, and what smelled like—oh, my whiskers—peanut butter cookies! Roman leaned against the doorframe, his arms crossed, a half-grin on his face, looking like the cool older brother he always pretended to be. "Guess where we're going today, Pete?" Mariya knelt down, her eyes sparkling with that magical curiosity she carried like a second heartbeat. She smelled like lavender soap and morning dew, and her fingers were gentle as she scratched behind my ears in just the right spot. I wagged my tail so hard my whole body wiggled. "Bob White Park," she whispered, and the words landed on my ears like golden coins. Bob White Park! I'd heard the neighborhood dogs barking about it for weeks—the grand trails, the shimmering lake, the ancient oaks whose branches reached up like arms trying to touch the clouds. It was the kind of place where adventures weren't just possible; they were inevitable. "Bob White Park is huge, Pete," Roman said, finally pushing off the doorframe and crouching down to my level. His voice was playful, but there was a protectiveness underneath it, the kind that made me feel safe even when the world felt big and uncertain. "There are trails and a lake and tons of woods. You're gonna love it, little guy. But stick close to us, okay?" He ruffled the fur on my head, and I licked his wrist in response, because that was our language—simple, honest, and full of love. Lenny chuckled and clapped his hands together. "Alright, team! Adventure awaits! And I've got a joke for the road: Why don't trees ever get lost? Because they always take the root!" Roman groaned, Mariya laughed her melodious laugh, and I barked twice—not because I understood the joke, but because the sound of my family's laughter was the most beautiful music in the world. We piled into the car, the basket wedged between Mariya's feet, Roman's headphones dangling near my nose, and Lenny humming a tune I didn't recognize but loved anyway. As the houses blurred past the window and the trees grew taller, I pressed my nose against the glass and thought: *Today, something is going to change. I can feel it in my bones. Today, I'm going to become a different Pete—a braver Pete.* And with that thought tucked safely in my heart, we drove toward Bob White Park, toward the day that would test me in ways I couldn't yet imagine. ## Chapter Two: The Giant Called Water When we arrived, Bob White Park opened before us like a vast green cathedral. The trees stood tall and proud, their leaves whispering secrets to one another in a language older than words. The trail beneath my paws was soft with pine needles and crumbled leaves, and every step released a new fragrance—earth, moss, wildflowers, and something sharp and clean that I couldn't name. Lenny carried the basket on one arm and had his other arm around Mariya's shoulders. Roman walked ahead, kicking stones and occasionally turning back to make sure I was keeping up. "Come on, Pete! Keep up, slowpoke!" he called, and I bounded forward, my little legs churning like pistons, determined to match his stride. But then I heard it. A sound that made my paws freeze mid-stride and my ears flatten against my skull. A rushing, gurgling, roaring sound—water. Lots of water. The trail curved, and there it was: the lake at Bob White Park, vast and shimmering, its surface catching the sunlight and throwing it back in a million blinding sparks. It was enormous. It was deep. It was dark where the light couldn't reach, and that darkness seemed to look back at me like a living thing. My heart hammered against my ribs like a trapped bird. I took a step backward, then another, until my hindquarters bumped against Lenny's leg. "Whoa there, buddy," Lenny said gently, looking down at me. "What's the matter?" I couldn't tell him in words, so I told him in the only way I could: I pressed my body close to his leg and trembled. The water was so big. What if it swallowed me? What if it pulled me under and I couldn't breathe? What if I disappeared into that cold, dark forever? Roman noticed and came back. "Hey, Pete, it's just water, buddy. Look—" he stepped to the edge and let the gentle waves lap at his sneakers. "See? It's not scary. It's just saying hello." Mariya knelt beside me, her hand warm on my back. "Pete, sweetheart, the water isn't trying to hurt you. It's just being water. Sometimes the things that seem the biggest and scariest are just things we haven't understood yet." Her voice was like a lullaby, soft and certain, and I felt a tiny flicker of something beneath my fear—not courage yet, but the seed of it. Lenny crouched down too, his eyes kind and wise. "You know, Pete, when I was a kid, I was terrified of the ocean. Thought it was a monster waiting to grab me. But my dad—your grandpa—he walked in with me, one step at a time, until I realized the monster was just a mirror reflecting my own fear back at me." He smiled. "How about this: we don't go in today. We just sit here and watch. And maybe, if you feel like it, you can dip one little paw in. Just one. That's all." I looked at the water again. It still looked enormous, still felt dangerous. But Roman was standing there with his sneakers wet, grinning at me. Mariya's hand was steady on my back. Lenny's eyes were full of patience. So, with a deep breath that expanded every corner of my small chest, I took one trembling step toward the edge. The water touched my paw—cold, surprising, but not sharp. Not violent. It was gentle, like Mariya's fingers when she scratched behind my ears. I looked up at my family, and they were all smiling. "That's my boy," Roman whispered, and for a moment, the giant didn't seem quite so giant. I stood there, one paw in the water, heart still pounding but no longer retreating, and I thought: *Maybe brave doesn't mean not being scared. Maybe brave just means taking one step anyway.* ## Chapter Three: New Friends in the Ferns After my small victory at the water's edge, we continued down the trail, the lake's roar fading behind us like a dream dissolving at dawn. The forest thickened around us, the canopy weaving a green ceiling that filtered the sunlight into dancing golden coins on the forest floor. I trotted ahead, my confidence swelling with every step, my nose working overtime to catalog the symphony of scents—pine bark, damp earth, the musky trail of a rabbit that had passed this way hours ago, the sweet perfume of wild honeysuckle curling through the undergrowth. Lenny and Mariya walked together behind me, their voices low and intimate, sharing observations about the birds and the shape of the clouds. Roman walked beside me, occasionally tossing a stick for me to chase, and I chased it with the full-body joy that only a puppy can truly know. Then I heard a rustling in the ferns to my left. My ears shot forward. My nose twitched. Something was in there. Something alive. I lowered my head and crept toward the sound, my belly brushing the ground, my tail straight out behind me like a furry antenna. The ferns parted, and two eyes stared back at me—round, amber, and entirely unimpressed. "Well, well," said a voice like crushed velvet. "What do we have here? A dog with eyeliner? How fashionable." I blinked. Sitting before me, licking one pristine gray paw with exaggerated elegance, was a cat. A gray cat with a white chest and the most casually arrogant expression I had ever encountered. "I'm Tom," the cat said, yawning to reveal a set of impressively sharp teeth. "And you're standing on my napping spot." "I'm Pete!" I barked, my tail wagging despite the cat's dismissive tone. There was something about Tom that was immediately likeable—his confidence, his wit, the way he held himself like he owned the entire park. "I'm here with my family. We're on an adventure!" Tom examined me with one raised eyebrow. "An adventure, you say? How adorable. I suppose you consider chasing your own tail an adventure too?" Before I could respond, a tiny squeak erupted from beneath a nearby mushroom, and out scurried a small brown mouse with enormous round ears and an expression of perpetual wide-eyed wonder. "Did someone say adventure?!" the mouse squeaked, practically vibrating with excitement. "I LOVE adventures! I'm Jerry! I've been following you for—well, I've been following the cat, actually, but now you seem much more interesting!" Tom rolled his eyes so dramatically I thought they might get stuck. "Jerry. Of course. The mouse who wouldn't leave me alone if his life depended on it. Which, incidentally, it often does." Roman, who had been watching the whole exchange with his mouth open, burst out laughing. "Pete, did you just make friends with a cat and a mouse? That's like a cartoon!" He crouched down, and to my surprise, Tom walked right up to him and rubbed against his hand. "Tell your human he has good energy," Tom said to me. Jerry scrambled up Roman's shoelace and peered at him with those enormous eyes. "He's tall! I like tall people! They can see things we can't!" Mariya and Lenny caught up, and the introductions were made with laughter and wonder. Mariya, predictably, was enchanted. "A cat and a mouse who are friends? There's magic in this park, I knew it!" she said, her eyes shining. Lenny chuckled. "Well, the more the merrier. But we should stick together. This park is big, and the trails can be confusing." Tom stretched languidly. "I know every inch of this park, every trail, every hollow, every shortcut. Follow me, and you'll never get lost." Jerry bounced up and down. "He's lying. He got lost twice last week. But he's mostly reliable!" Tom shot Jerry a look that could curdle milk, but Jerry just grinned. I looked at my new friends—Tom the elegant, Jerry the irrepressible—and felt a warmth spread through my chest. *The world is full of unexpected friends,* I thought, *and the best ones find you when you stop looking.* ## Chapter Four: The Trail That Swallowed Us The deeper we ventured into Bob White Park, the more the world transformed around us. The wide, friendly trails narrowed into thin ribbons of dirt that twisted between ancient oaks and thickets of bramble. The sunlight, once generous and golden, became stingy, reaching the forest floor only in thin, trembling shafts that looked like spotlights on a stage. The birdsong changed too—the cheerful chirps replaced by lower, more mysterious calls that echoed through the trees like questions without answers. I walked between Tom and Jerry, my nose low to the ground, trying to memorize every scent so we could find our way back. Roman was just ahead, his red hoodie bright against the green and brown of the forest. Lenny and Mariya walked behind us, their voices a comforting murmur, their presence a warm blanket around my heart. "Let's take this path!" Roman called, pointing to a narrow trail that branched off to the left, disappearing into a tunnel of overhanging branches. "It looks like it goes to a clearing. Come on!" Tom's ears twitched. "I don't know that trail," he admitted, which was unusual because Tom claimed to know everything. Jerry's eyes widened. "Unknown trail! Mystery! Excitement! Let's GO!" I hesitated. Something about the path made my stomach tighten. The branches arched over it like ribs, and the darkness inside looked dense and breathing. "Roman, maybe we should stay on the main trail," Mariya called from behind, but Roman was already ducking under the branches. "It's fine, Mom! It's just a shortcut!" And because I trusted Roman—because he was my brother, my protector, my best friend—I followed him in. The others came too. But the trail didn't lead to a clearing. It led deeper. It twisted and turned and split into more trails, each one thinner and darker than the last. The trees pressed closer, their bark rough and ancient, their roots snaking across the path like tripwires. The sounds of the main park—the families, the laughter, the distant traffic—faded until all I could hear was the wind and the creaking of branches and the frantic beating of my own heart. I looked back. The path behind us looked different—no, it looked the same as the path ahead—and suddenly I couldn't tell which way we'd come from. "Roman?" I whined. He stopped and turned. His face, usually so confident, showed a flicker of uncertainty. "It's okay, Pete. We just need to—" He looked left. He looked right. He pulled out his phone. "No signal. Great." Behind us, Lenny's voice called out, but it was faint, muffled by the trees, as if the forest was swallowing it. "Roman? Pete? Where are you?" And then, with a suddenness that stole my breath, the trail behind us disappeared. Not literally—but the undergrowth had grown so thick, the ferns so tall, that we couldn't see the path we'd taken. We were separated. Lenny and Mariya were on one side of the green wall. Roman, Tom, Jerry, and I were on the other. "Okay," Roman said, his voice steady even though I could see his jaw tightening. "Okay. We'll find our way back. We just need to stay calm." Tom's tail was puffed to twice its normal size. "Calm? CALM? I'm a cat. I don't do lost. I do elegant. I do superior. I do NOT do lost." Jerry was shaking too, but his enormous eyes held something unexpected—determination. "We can do this," the little mouse said, his voice barely above a whisper. "We just have to be brave." I looked at Jerry—this tiny creature, no bigger than my paw—and felt something shift inside me. If a mouse could be brave, then maybe a puggle could be too. But the forest was dark, and getting darker, and my family's voices were fading, and the fear inside me was growing like a shadow at sunset, stretching and stretching until it filled every corner of my mind. ## Chapter Five: The Dark and the Distance The first thing I lost was the light. The sun, which had been our constant companion all day, began its slow descent toward the horizon, and the forest responded by dimming like someone was slowly turning down a giant dial. The green turned to gray, the gold turned to amber, and then the amber turned to a deep, bruised purple that made the trees look like silent sentinels guarding a secret they would never share. My eyes, which had been so bright and eager just hours ago, now strained to make out shapes in the gathering gloom. Every shadow looked like a crouching creature. Every rustle sounded like footsteps behind us. My imagination, which had been my greatest gift all morning, became my greatest enemy now, painting monsters in every dark corner and whispering worst-case scenarios into my trembling ears. "I don't like this," I whimpered, pressing close to Roman's ankle. He sat down on a fallen log and pulled me into his lap, and I felt his heartbeat—steady, strong, reassuring—against my back. "I know, buddy," he murmured, stroking my fur. "I know. But here's the thing about the dark, Pete: it's not trying to hurt you. It's just the sun going to sleep. And when the sun goes to sleep, the moon wakes up. And the moon is just as beautiful—it's just quieter." I wanted to believe him. I wanted to believe that the darkness was nothing more than a blanket, not a beast. But the fear was physical—a cold knot in my stomach, a tightness in my chest, a tremor in my legs that wouldn't stop. *What if we never get out? What if the forest keeps us forever? What if Lenny and Mariya can't find us?* The thought of being separated from my family—of never feeling Mariya's gentle hands or hearing Lenny's silly jokes or wrestling with Roman on the living room floor—was the deepest, most suffocating fear of all. It wasn't just darkness I was afraid of; it was aloneness. The possibility that the people who made the world safe and warm and worth exploring might not be there anymore. Tom, surprisingly, was the one who spoke next. The gray cat had been silent for several minutes, his amber eyes scanning the darkness with an intensity I'd never seen in him. "Pete," he said quietly, sitting down in front of me. "I'm going to tell you something I've never told anyone. Not even Jerry." Jerry looked up, stunned. "You keep secrets from ME?" Tom ignored him. "When I was a kitten, I got separated from my mother in a storm. It was dark. It was cold. I was alone for three days before a family found me." His voice, usually so sardonic and smooth, cracked slightly. "I was terrified. More terrified than I've ever been. And for years after that, I was afraid of the dark. I'd sleep with a light on. I'd never go outside after sunset. The dark felt like that storm—endless and cruel." He looked at me, and for the first time, I saw vulnerability in those amber eyes. "But then I realized something. The dark didn't take my mother from me. The storm did that. The dark was just there—neutral, patient, waiting for me to stop being afraid of it long enough to see that it was full of stars." Jerry stepped forward, his tiny body trembling but his voice firm. "Tom found me in the dark, Pete. I was hiding in a drainage pipe, scared and alone, and Tom—he who claims he doesn't care about anyone—crawled in there and sat with me until morning. In the DARK." Tom looked away, clearly embarrassed. "It was nothing. You were making too much noise. I couldn't sleep." But Jerry smiled, and I saw the truth beneath Tom's prickly exterior: he was brave, deeply brave, in the ways that mattered most. Roman squeezed me gently. "See, Pete? Everyone's afraid of something. The bravest people aren't the ones who never feel fear—they're the ones who feel it and keep going anyway." I looked at my little band of misfits—a boy, a cat, a mouse, and a puggle—sitting in the dark forest, and I thought: *We are not alone. We have each other. And maybe that's enough to be brave.* ## Chapter Six: The Courage to Cross We walked deeper into the forest because there was nowhere else to go. The darkness was complete now, but something had shifted—my fear hadn't vanished, but it had changed shape. It was no longer a wall; it was a companion, walking beside me, reminding me to be careful, to be alert, but no longer paralyzing me. Tom walked point, his eyes glowing in the faint moonlight that filtered through the canopy, navigating with a cat's natural night vision. Jerry rode on Roman's shoulder, his tiny ears rotating like radar dishes, picking up sounds none of us could hear. I walked in the middle, my nose working overtime, trying to catch any scent that might lead us home—the familiar smell of Lenny's sunscreen, Mariya's lavender, the peanut butter cookies in the basket. Then Tom stopped abruptly, his tail shooting straight up. "Water," he said. "I can hear it." And then I heard it too—the unmistakable sound of moving water, not the gentle lapping of the lake but something faster, something more urgent. We pushed through a curtain of ferns, and there it was: a creek, swollen from recent rains, rushing across our path like a liquid roadblock. It wasn't enormous—maybe six feet across—but to me, to a small puggle who had been terrified of the lake just hours ago, it looked like an ocean. The water was dark and fast, churning over rocks, throwing spray into the air that glittered in the moonlight like scattered diamonds. My paws rooted to the ground. My breath caught in my throat. The fear came flooding back—cold, immediate, overwhelming. "Oh no," I whimpered, backing away. "I can't. I can't cross that. It's too fast. It's too dark. I'll be swept away." My whole body shook. The memory of the lake—that enormous, terrifying expanse—merged with this new threat, and suddenly every fear I'd ever had was gathered in this one moment, this one creek, this one impossible crossing. Roman knelt beside me. "Pete, look at me. Just look at me." I met his eyes—brown and warm and steady in the moonlight. "Remember this morning? At the lake? You put your paw in. Just one paw. And the world didn't end. You were scared, and you did it anyway. That's what courage is, buddy. Not being fearless. Being scared and taking the next step." Tom appeared on my other side. "Pete, I'm a cat. I hate water. I despise it. It ruins my fur, it's cold, it's undignified. But if this little mouse can cross—" Jerry was already standing at the water's edge, his tiny paw extended, testing the current. "It's cold!" he squeaked. "But not deep! I can touch the bottom! Well, I can touch the bottom if I stand on a rock!" And with that, Jerry hopped onto a stone in the middle of the creek, water swirling around his tiny feet, and looked back at us with the most enormous grin a mouse has ever worn. "See? If I can do it, anyone can! I'm literally three inches tall!" Something broke inside me—not broke like shattering, but broke like a dam releasing. The fear was still there, roaring like the creek, but beneath it was something stronger—the memory of my family's faith in me, the knowledge that Roman was beside me, the absurd courage of a three-inch mouse standing in a creek in the dark. "Okay," I whispered. "Okay. One step." I placed my front paw in the water. It was cold—shockingly cold—and the current tugged at my leg like a living hand. I gasped but held firm. Another step. The water rose to my belly. My heart was a drum, my legs were jelly, but I kept going, one paw after another, the creek pushing against me, the moon lighting the way. Roman was right beside me, his hand under my belly, supporting me. "That's it, Pete. That's it. You're doing it. You're crossing." Tom, true to his word, crossed too, leaping from stone to stone with impossible grace, his face a mask of dignified disgust. "I am doing this under protest," he announced. "No one must ever know." And then—my paws found the opposite bank. I scrambled up the muddy edge, water streaming from my fur, and I was across. I was across! I stood on the other side, shaking and soaked and utterly triumphant, and I barked—I barked with every cell of my being, a bark that said *I did it, I did it, I was afraid and I did it anyway!* Roman hugged me, wet fur and all. Jerry did a tiny victory dance. Tom pretended he wasn't impressed, but I saw his tail curl with warmth. *Courage,* I thought, *isn't the absence of fear. It's the decision that something else matters more.* And what mattered more was getting home to the people I loved. ## Chapter Seven: Roman's Light in the Darkness We pressed on through the forest, but the crossing had cost us energy and time, and the darkness seemed to press closer with every step. My legs ached. My fur was heavy with creek water. My nose, usually so reliable, was overwhelmed by the damp, earthy smell of the nighttime forest, and I couldn't pick up the familiar scents of my family. The fear of being separated—truly, permanently separated—crept back into my chest like fog rolling over a harbor. What if Lenny and Mariya had gone for help? What if they couldn't find us in the dark? What if they were looking for us right now, calling our names into the empty, indifferent trees, and we couldn't hear them? The thought was a stone in my stomach, heavy and cold. I thought of Mariya's face when she whispered "Bob White Park" that morning, her eyes full of magic and wonder. I thought of Lenny's silly dinosaur shirt and his warm, crinkled eyes. I thought of Roman's red hoodie, bright as a beacon, and how I'd followed it into this forest like it was a lighthouse and I was a ship in a storm. "I think we're lost," Roman admitted, and the words hung in the air like smoke. He sat down on a mossy stump, and I climbed into his lap, pressing my wet body against his warmth. Tom curled at his feet, and Jerry nestled in the hood of Roman's hoodie. For a long moment, no one spoke. The forest breathed around us—in, out, in, out—and the moon painted everything in silver and shadow. "I'm scared too, Pete," Roman said quietly, and his honesty was like a gift. "I'm supposed to be the big brother, the protector, but right now I don't know where we are, and I don't know how to get us home." His hand was steady on my back, but I could feel the slight tremor in his fingers. "But you know what? I keep thinking about Dad's joke this morning. 'Why don't trees ever get lost? Because they always take the root.' It's dumb, right? But also... roots. Like, we have roots too. Family. Love. That's what keeps us grounded even when we can't see where we're going." Tom lifted his head. "The boy is wiser than he looks." "Hey!" Roman protested, but he smiled. Jerry poked his head out of the hoodie. "I think I hear something!" We all froze. I pricked my ears, straining against the silence. And there—faint, distant, but unmistakable—was a voice. "PETE! ROMAN! Can you hear us?" It was Lenny. It was Dad! His voice carried through the trees like a lifeline thrown across dark water. Roman jumped up, me still in his arms, and shouted back: "WE'RE HERE! DAD, WE'RE HERE!" The voice came again, closer: "Keep calling! We're following your voice!" Mariya's voice joined his: "Roman! Pete! Mommy's here! We're coming!" I barked—I barked with everything I had, my small voice joining the chorus, a beacon of sound in the dark forest. Tom yowled. Jerry squeaked at the top of his lungs. We were a symphony of lost creatures calling to be found, and the forest, which had seemed so vast and indifferent, suddenly felt like it was listening, like it was carrying our voices to the people who loved us. The crashing of footsteps through underbrush. The sweep of flashlight beams through the branches. And then—like a miracle made of flesh and warmth and tears—Lenny and Mariya burst through the ferns. Lenny's flashlight found us immediately, and his face—that beautiful, crinkled, silly face—crumpled with relief. "There they are! Mariya, there they are!" Mariya ran to Roman and threw her arms around him and me together, and she was crying, but her tears were the good kind, the kind that come when fear ends and love remains. "My babies," she whispered, kissing Roman's forehead and then mine. "My brave, brave babies." Lenny wrapped his arms around all of us, and for a long, perfect moment, we stood there in the dark forest, a tangle of arms and fur and tears and love, and the darkness didn't matter anymore because we had found each other. The light had won. Love had won. Home wasn't a place—it was this, right here, these arms, these voices, this impossible, unbreakable belonging. ## Chapter Eight: The Walk Home We walked back slowly, following the flashlight's beam like it was a yellow brick road. Lenny carried me for part of the way, and I nestled against his chest, listening to his heartbeat—strong, steady, the drumbeat of safety. Mariya walked beside Roman, her arm around his shoulders, asking him questions in her curious, gentle way: "What was it like? What did you see? What did you feel?" Roman thought for a moment. "It was scary, Mom. Really scary. But Pete was amazing. He crossed a creek, Mom. A real creek, in the dark, and he was terrified but he did it anyway. And Tom and Jerry—they helped. We all helped each other." Mariya looked down at me in Lenny's arms, and her eyes were luminous with pride and love. "That's my Pete," she said softly. "That's my brave little storyteller." Tom walked beside us, his dignity restored, his tail high. Jerry rode on Roman's shoulder, already chattering about how he was going to tell this story to every mouse in the park. "They won't believe me! A cat, a dog, a boy, and a mouse—best friends! It's the greatest story ever told!" When we finally reached the parking lot, the car's headlights illuminated the scene like a stage. Lenny set me down, and I shook my wet fur, spraying everyone with creek water, which finally broke the tension completely. Even Tom laughed—or did the cat equivalent, which was a soft, amused blink. We sat on the tailgate of the car, wrapped in blankets Mariya had packed, eating peanut butter cookies under a sky that was now full of stars. Lenny looked up and said, "You know, I read once that every star is a sun for someone else. Somewhere out there, a little planet is orbiting one of those stars, and maybe there's a family on it, eating cookies after their own adventure." Roman rolled his eyes. "Dad, that's either really deep or really weird." "Why can't it be both?" Lenny grinned. Mariya leaned against him. "It was both. Just like today—scary and wonderful, dark and bright, lost and found." I sat between Roman's legs, Tom curled against my side, and Jerry nestled in the warm space between my paws. The night air was cool and clean, and the stars were so bright they looked like someone had spilled sugar across black velvet. "You know what I learned today?" Roman said, his voice thoughtful and quiet. "I learned


Use these buttons to read the story aloud:





No comments:

Post a Comment

*** The Puggle’s Great Park Quest *** 2026-09-29T00:59:35.353723200

"*** The Puggle’s Great Park Quest ***"🐾 ...